March 19, 2013

Just another log in the fire....

By now you all know that my son Corban has Cystic Fibrosis. We hate it. He hates it. Society hates it. (Especially when he's having tummy troubles haha.)
Well, today, a friend of mine on Facebook shared this photo. The issue I have with this is....nobody has ever said "enlarged heart or gallstones." Maybe I've been naive? I just don't remember it EVER coming up. My heart quite literally skipped a couple of beats when I saw this.
Just another reason for us to find that cure. I know it's out there...we just have to find it.

Which reminds me that it's been a while since I plugged THIS:
A Challenge that only you can help me conquer!
Go visit this guest post on my pal Non-Stop Mom's blog and read all the way to the bottom for how you can help!
Or you can visit our team page Corban's Crusaders to donate to my team! Help us Cure Cystic Fibrosis, and help ME beat Ames in this competition, so I can make her look SILLY, and y'all know there will be pics!!!










2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine your worry and stress--that's something we Moms have mastered ... how to worry about our kids. From small things to big. Thank you for sharing your story ... I hope that it helps you and your family and I hope it brings more awareness to the rest of us so that we can fight and win to end this disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly have mastered worry! I think God engrained us with that gene. Though, how some people don't seem to have a worry in the world, I'll never know.
      It would be an awesome day to hear on the news..."researchers have found a cure for Cystic Fibrosis."
      I reckon we'd probably throw a party the likes of which have never been seen. Some days, it reduces me to tears to think about it. Others I'm infuriated, but most days, I just "float" along.

      Delete