May 5, 2012

Wow, it's been a while!!!! BOOOYYYY do I have news for you!!!
Okay, where to start. Since I last posted, my husband and I had a wedding anniversary. 3 years. We're surviving! I hope. That's about the only excitement. Oh...wait..I lied... because there is this thing we did yesterday...
WE SIGNED THE PAPERS THAT WILL ALLOW US TO BE A HOUSEHOLD OF HOLLENBECKS!!!!! ALL that's left is to pay off the 700 dollars, and wait the mandatory 30 days from the petition filing date. So by mid June...it will be official, and we will have a party the likes of one you've never seen.
Today was The Great Strides 2012 Walk. All in all the total raised was $137,225 and that's JUST preliminary. Every year I see a sign I haven't seen before. This year didn't fail me. I found one that shared that the CFF has 14 opportunities for drug research, but only enough funding for 4. Can you imagine how much closer to CURING this nightmare we'd be if they had the funding for ALL 14!? Rick Regan said it best..."Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to get together next year?!" Now, while that would be sad, because I wouldn't see so many great and wonderful people...I would be thrilled!!! And, For the first time in 4 years, we actually took the short trip. It was hot, and we were pretty much carrying Rylan because he wouldn't sit in the stroller.
I attempted to beat myself this year. My goal was 500 dollars. I got $497.23. Initially I though I had beat it by 2 dollars. But I believe my math was wrong. I am still however taking donations at www.cff.org/great_strides/Hollenbeck.
Starting today, I begin my brain storm and processing for the next year. And this year I'm gonna rock it out. The last few years I've just been waiting until right at time and starting to work. This year I'm getting to it. I already have two events lined up and many more coming!!!
May 8th, 4 pm-10 pm Join us at On The Border out West with the flier for that location and enjoy a meal while donating to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! (If you need a flier ask me, I'll get you one!!) May 22nd, join us for lunch OR dinner at the On The Border out East, along with your flyer and enjoy a meal while donating to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. (Again, if you need a flyer, ask, I'll get you one!)
I'm working on a bake sale, a golf tournament, a reverse raffle (this one is going to be the MOST fun!!) Garage sale, among many other ideas!! I'd like to see $5,000+ this year. And I need YOU to help me!!!!
Right now, I'd like to see Rylan fall asleep so I could take a nap.  And I must share with you my new desk buddy. Each year I buy one of these bears. They're 5$. This year they had armed forces bears, along with their usual, heart vest, great strides logo and pink bears. AND they had Americana. I was torn between two. One with a flag, and one with a heart like a flag. But since I love them soo much I picked..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment